Weather Information & Resources
Accumulated GDD and Crop Water Use (ET) Rates
Updated daily for major crops at 20 Nebraska sites
- Corn GDD, an online Useful to Usable Decision Support Tool for the Corn Belt
See current conditions and GDD in a 30-year prospective.
- Evapotranspiration Resources and Crop Water Use Data by Growth Stage
(Corn, Soybean, Wheat, Alfalfa, Sorghum, Sugarbeet, Potato)
- NeRAIN Reports and Maps (Nebraska Rainfall Assessment and Information Network)
Daily precipitation reports from hundreds of Nebraska sites
- Precipitation Summary for High Plains Region
- Soil Temperature Summary for Nebraska
(illustrated graphically and numerically by district)
- Ag Climate View Tool
Access customized historical climate and crop yield data (See related CW article.)
- Ag Climate Connection, a blog with news and views on climate change in the Corn Belt
Other Helpful Sites
- High Plains Regional Climate Center (HPRCC) provides weather data for a number of Nebraska sites and links to local, regional, and national climate resources. See the Climate Products section for daily updates and archived records of average temperatures, total precipitation, average soil temperature, average relative humidity, average solar radiation, and average wind speed.
Recorded: Sept. 17, 2012
Drought / Weather Update
Due to the drought and extreme temperatures during the summer, a warmer fall was expected, but Al Dutcher says says we may see a cooler trend this fall than originally forecasted. Al Dutcher, UNL Extension State Climatologist.
This content requires Flash Download the free Flash Player now!