Pasture, Alfalfa & Forage Management - CropWatch News
- Forage Production with Limited Precipitation or Irrigation (story and webinar)
- With High Temperatures, Adjust Alfalfa Cuttings to Let Plants Recuperate
- Governor Declares Statewide Drought Emergency; Roadside Haying Starts
- Managing Drought Risk on the Ranch
- Seedling Alfalfa Management During Drought
- With Early Heat and Early Dormancy, Pastures Short
- Website, Workshops Help Ranchers in Time of Drought
- Managing Grasslands (May 18 Market Journal)
Pasture & Forage Economics and Risk Management
- Adjusting Pasture Leases for Drought
- Pasture Rangeland Forage Insurance is a Risk Management Tool for 2013
- Options Available Through New Pasture, Range, and Forage Insurance
- Forage Production with Limited Irrigation (G2012)
- Crop Residues or Low Quality Hay Combined with Byproducts as a Forage Substitute (G2099)
Nebraska Hay and Forage Hotline 1-800-422-6692Nebraska Farmers who have drought damaged corn which could be swathed and baled, chopped, or grazed can list that on the Nebraska Hay and Forage Hotline. The hotline is available free of charge for buyers and sellers to list feed resources.
Call the hotline at 1-800-422-6692 to list the forage you have or to list your need for forage.
Access this information also on the Nebraska Department of Agriculture Website: Hay & Forage Hotline
Provided by: Paul C Hay, Extension Educator, University of Nebraska Extension
USDA Disaster Declared Counties and Emergency Haying on CRP Land --USDA Farm Service Agency information on declared disaster areas, current maps.